David O. Malone Student Art Competition
Sponsored by the West Point/Clay County Arts Council in conjunction with the Prairie Arts Festival.
For additional information call Lewise Jackson, at 662-295-2317.
Please review the RULES carefully:
- Students residing in Clay County and/or attending Grades K-12 in Clay County are eligible to enter the competition. Student entries are grouped for judging as follows: Grades K-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12. Prizes are: Best in Show–$50.00; Each group–1st Place–$25.00, 2nd Place –$15.00, 3rd Place –$10.00, and Honorable Mention Certificates (no cash award).
- The school with the most entries wins $100 to purchase art supplies for the coming year!
- Each student artist may enter one piece. An entry fee of $1.00 must be paid when registering. Work winning in previous PAF competitions will not be accepted.
- Acrylic, oil, watercolor, pencil, pastels, pen & ink, collage, pottery, photography and sculpture are all acceptable media for entry. Size should not exceed 16” X 20”.
- Artwork should be matted or mounted (attached to mat board or poster board). All entries should be unframed except for paintings on canvas. Absolutely no glass will be admitted.
- DO NOT write your identification information on the front of the piece or its mat. Teachers can request identification forms for their students and fill them out prior to delivery. Identification forms will be provided at the Library during registration by the WP/CC Arts Council representative. The representative will assist the student in attaching the form correctly to the artwork.
- All entries should be delivered to Bryan Public Library Tuesday, August 29 and Wednesday, Aug. 30 between the hours of 3:00 pm and 5:30 pm. NO artwork will be accepted before these dates. Entries must be registered and accepted by the West Point/Clay County Arts Council Representative. The Library Staff will not accept or register entries.
- Judging will be done by an out-of-town judge on Thursday. All entries will be hung in the Pippin Meeting Room, and the winners will be exhibited with their ribbons on Saturday, Sept. 4, 2022. The public is welcome to come and view the exhibit and see the winning entries during PAF. There will be NO formal announcement ceremony.
- Winners will be notified and can get their prize checks at the Library on Tuesday, September 6, 2022 from 3:30-4pm. Photographs will be taken of the winners for newspaper publication at this time.
- It is requested that each entry remain on display thru September 30, 2022, at the Bryan Public Library. Artwork can be picked up after that date.
- The West Point/Clay County Arts Council reserves the right to reject any entry that is deemed inappropriate due to subject content.
For additional information, call Lewise Jackson at 662-295-2317.
The Prairie Arts Festival is held each year on the Saturday before Labor Day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in historic downtown West Point, Mississippi.
746 E. Broad Street
West Point, MS 39773
Click here to follow
us on Facebook.